Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Food Find - Yellow Watermelon

One of the fun things about living in California is that you can grow almost anything here.  As a result, I'm discovering a lot of new food, and I've decided to feature some of it on this blog.

So here's the first food find - yellow watermelon!

Did you know that yellow watermelon existed?  I didn't, at least not until a farmer at the farmers' market told me about it.  We picked it out because I wanted to try something new, and because it was smaller than the red ones.


It still tasted like a watermelon - I couldn't tell a huge difference, but it's been a while since I've had a watermelon.  It was sweeter and more delicate of a taste than I remember, but there's a good chance some of that was because we bought it from the farmer that grew it.

I think this calls for more watermelons, so I can investigate!

No comments:

Post a Comment