Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu Monday

This week should be a pretty quiet week.  I have today off, so we're heading to the coast for the day.  I'm working the rest of the week, and we really don't have a lot going on, so we decided it would be a good opportunity to try out some recipes I found on Pinterest.

If you haven't used Pinterest yet, it's worth checking out - it's basically an online corkboard for collecting links and images from around the internet.  I've been building a few different boards, and have found that it's a pretty helpful weight loss tool, since it helps me organize all the recipes I've found so I can plan ahead and not get bored.  I've also built an inspiration board to look at when I need the kick in the butt to either stop eating or start moving.

So without further ado, here is the weekly menu and activity schedule:

  • Monday:
    • Will stop on the way home from the beach, will probably order a salad or soup
    • Activity: Hiking
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
    • White Bean Salad
    • Activity: Walk or Wii Fit free steps
  • Thursday (Heading to a game night straight from work)
    • Leftover lentil soup with kale (eat at work before leaving)
    • Activity: Wii Fit Yoga/Strength
  • Friday:
I still haven't gotten menu planning for breakfast or lunch down yet. I have almost the same thing for breakfast and snacks during the week.  For lunch, I'll either have leftovers or a sandwich.  Since I have to pack my lunch, the daytime isn't really where I go off plan, so I've decided I need to get the hang of menu-planning for dinner before I tackle breakfast and lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment