Thursday, June 23, 2011

Homemade Foccaccia

There's something really romantic about baking your own bread.  I love fresh bread, so now that I'm getting more comfortable in the kitchen, I decided to start baking my own.


No-knead Foccaccia from Budget Bytes seemed like a good place to start.











The process is pretty simple - combine all the ingredients, let it rise overnight, and bake it.  Really, it's that easy.  And you end up with some pretty fantastic sandwich bread.  A little pointier than my normal bread, but if you use low-points fillings, it's totally worth it.



Sandwich

1 tsp coleman's yellow mustard
three slices of tomato
two leaves of lettuce
two tablespoons of as-yet-unnamed tofu sandwich spread (still being perfected, but the recipe is coming - it's kind of like mayo or cream cheese, so either of those (or the vegan versions) would work well too)

I can't really take credit for any of the recipes in this post, but it did all come together quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment