Monday, December 19, 2011

Menu Monday

One of the things I've learned over the past year and a half on weight watchers is that planning is key. If I don't plan ahead, I don't lose weight. I'm finding the same is true with budgeting. If we have a plan, I stay on plan and on budget. But if it's 6:30 and we haven't figured out what we're eating yet, that usually means we're having noodles, take-out, or something from the frozen foods aisle at Trader Joe's. It's hard to make responsible decisions when you're hungry, so it's important to make those decisions before you get hungry.

So a new feature on this blog, to keep us both accountable, is going to be our weekly menu. So here it is!


  • Monday: Burritos Especiales - Matt's take on burritos - fat free refried beans and banana squash
  • Tuesday: Veganized Twice-baked Butternut Squash (a Pintrest recipe!)
  • Wednesday: Tofu Cutlets with Mushroom Gravy and Roasted Broccoli
  • Thursday: Tempeh Rice Bowls
  • Friday: Black Bean Burgers and Roasted Potatoes
  • Saturday: Airport food - Matt and I have a late afternoon flight, so I'll need to do some research on the Sacramento Airport options
  • Sunday: Christmas at my parents!
I'll end with a picture I found online, I think it sums up how important the mental part of weight loss is - and planning ahead is part of that.


No comments:

Post a Comment