Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tofu Stir Fry with Buckwheat



On Monday night I was thinking stir fry because I had a head of bok choy in the refrigerator. I chopped up four ribs, scrounged up a bell pepper, some scallions, an onion, and some cloves of garlic, and set out in search of some ingredients for a sauce.



I mixed a half-cup of soy sauce with two ounces of michiu and and the last tablespoon from a container of chogochujang I bought on a whim. I whisked in a tablespoon of corn starch and a tablespoon of sesame oil.

I was this close to putting some white rice in the cooker when I remembered that I had found some totally boss organic buckwheat groats in the natural foods aisle of my conventional grocery store. They cooked up to be as hearty and delicious as I imagined.



While considering the addition of some firm tofu, I remembered something about a package of extra-firm being somewhere in the building. Success! I like the dense texture and snap of extra-firm tofu, and it seemed well suited to being triangled and stir-fried with everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment