The broccoli at Safeway looked great today. Matt saw it, and thought back to a recipe for broccoli casserole he saw on YouTube. This changed quite a bit from that original recipe, mostly based on what we had and didn't have in the kitchen.
Makes 6 really big servings - it could probably make 8 servings, especially with a big salad.
4 small potatoes
4 cloves garlic
2 heads of broccoli
1 shredded carrot
28 oz. can of garbanzo beans
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 t. red pepper
2 t. oregano
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Preheat oven to 350
1. Cut potatoes into dice-sized cubes, and boil until tender
2. At the same time, saute the onions and garlic in olive oil
3. Cut florets off the broccoli heads and steam until they are crisp-tender
4. Mash the garbanzo beans
5. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix
6. Oil 9x13 baking pan, put the ingredients into the pan and smooth it out
7. Bake for 1 hour - cover with foil for first 45 minutes, then remove foil for last 15 minutes.